We normally plan our theatre and concert tours six months to a year ahead. In 2018 Latvia will have its centennial, which will include special events, as well as financing of these events by the Culture Ministry. TILTS intends to participate in the world-wide centennial program and hence has to plan its events further out. When a tour is firmly established, its schedule will be published in the TILTS web page www.tilts.org, as well as in the newspapers Laiks, Latvija Amerikā and the on-line Australian newspaper Latvietis.
Currently TILTS is working on the following tours, some of which are part of the centennial and are tentative:
- A tour by Laima Jansone, an expert kokle player, will take place in October of 2016 as follows: Lincoln Oct. 7, Denver 9, Portland 12 or 13., Seattle 14, San Francisco 15 and Los Angeles 16. Laima will be also the vocalist. In 2015 Laima had a tour on the East coast to great acclaim. Organized by Ģirts Zeidenbergs.
- The composer Ēriks Ešenfelds will present an interactive performance in the fall of 2016, including a multimedia presentation of his symphony "Northern Lights". Performances are planned in Cleveland, Min-neapolis, Philadelphia, Boston and New York. Organized by Dace Aperāne.
- A tour by the popular ethnographic group Iļģi is planned for November of 2016, covering New York*, Boston, Cleveland, Toronto*, Philadelphia* and Priedaine* (at locations marked with * the concert will be part of the Independence day event). Organized by Benita Jaundāldere.
- A tour by the ensemble Lettonia (Juris Žvikovs, Dita Krenberga, Ēriks Kiršfelds) is being planned for nine locations in April-May of 2017.
- A tour by the ethnographic ensemble Trio (Cinkuss and others) is being planned for 12 locations covering the USA and Toronto, in the fall of 2017. This is part of the centennial and is tentative.
- A tour by the Valmiera Drāma Theatre with the play "Medību pils" ("The Hunting Castle"), directed by J. Znotiņš, is possible in the fall of 2017. This is part of the centennial and is tentative.
- A tour by the ensemble Magi is planned for 2018, covering USA and Toronto. "Magi" is a professional women's vocal ensemble under the direction of Dr. Heather MacLaughlin Garbes. This is part of the centennial and is tentative. Their website is: www.magiensemble.com.
- A tour by the Valmiera Drāma Theatre with the play "Vaidelote" by Aspāzija, directed by Inese Mičule, is possible in the fall of 2018. This is part of the centennial and is tentative.